Company history

Surveying in Canterbury since 1957

IMG_1624

Company history

We are proud to have been surveying in Canterbury for over 63 years.

IMG_1624

1957

In 1957 Kenneth Henry Frizzell decided to begin his venture in surveying. With 1000 pounds in the bank, he decided that was enough to get started.

68623793_2369347053179394_8602554726334070784_n

1964

He started in Cathedral Square where Chancery Arcade was, then moved to Kilmore Street in 1964. That got demolished so he moved to Victoria Street

69268183_1155147564672745_7827963769706774528_n

1970's

The 1970s were the golden years for him. He had twelve employees and a fleet of four Austin A55 vans.

MG_1371

1980s

In the early 1980's things quietened off (as they do now and again in this profession), he sold his practice to Davis Ogilvie, but it was like selling pigeons - the customers started comping back.

SG14322-1

1992

Colin Heald, who some may know, came along for what he thought was three weeks to supervise and sign the required papers, he happily stayed for 23 years.

Office

2010

Built our office in Papanui. We have grown to a team of 18 etc.